In Network Dentist Benefits | Out of Network Dentist
*In this example procedure:
- Delta Dental covers 50% of the maximum allowed fee.
- The patient has met the deductible.
- The in-network calculation is based on the patient visiting a Delta Dental PPO™ dentist.
See a credentialed dentist
You can be confident knowing that all Delta Dental network dentists complete a thorough credentialing process to make sure they meet our strict standards. Delta Dental continuously monitors network dentists to maintain these standards.
Enjoy an easier claims process
Visiting a network dentist means less hassle and paperwork for you – saving you time and worry. When you choose a Delta Dental dentist, claims and any other paperwork will be filed for you, and claim payments are conveniently sent directly to the dentist. This means you don’t have to pay the full bill upfront and then wait for reimbursement. You simply receive an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) statement that outlines what was covered by Delta Dental and what portion of the bill may be your responsibility.
Avoid extra costs and hassles
Make sure to visit an in-network dentist to maximize your benefits, savings and convenience. If you visit an out-of-network dentist, you:
- Don’t get the maximum savings and benefits you receive from a dentist in your plan’s network.
- May be responsible for paying the entire bill right away and receiving reimbursement later.
- May need to file paperwork with your dental insurer.
Get lots of choices
Delta Dental makes it easy for you to get the most value out of your insurance, with networks that include more than 155,000 dentists nationwide. With 3 out of 4 dentists participating in the Delta Dental network, it’s easy to find a qualified in-network dentist. In fact, your current dentist may already be in our networks. Find an in-network dentist in your area by using the Delta Dental website or our mobile app.
Get additional resources from Delta Dental
Looking for more information? Delta Dental can help keep your smile healthy with these articles: